This is one of my favorite do it yourself projects. And project is a big word, this is not a project. It takes about 5-10 minutes. Simple Easy and I can never find chapstick I like more! Have you ever made your own products? Yes or no this is a great one to start with.
What You Need
- 2 ½ tsp Mango Butter
- 1 tsp Almond Oil
- 1 tsp Beeswax
- Essential Oils
- Lip Balm tubes
- Dropper (optional)
How to make Chap Stick
- Take a pint size mason jar (A double boiler works as well) and place Mango Butter, Almond oil, and Beeswax in the jar.
- Place an inch or two of water in a pot. Put the Mason jar in the pot and turn on stove to med-high heat.
- Watch and shake jar occasionally as the contents melts together. While melting line up three Lip Balm tubes.
- Once all is melted turn off the heat and add 1 drop of essential oil of choice ( or 1 drop of two different essential oils)
- Then use the dropper to put mixture into the tubes. Do this quickly as the mixture will begin to harden.
- Let the tubes sit for a few hours to harden fully.
- Voila! You have your very own Chapstick!
This is going to be soft to medium, to make it hard add more beeswax. Also this recipe makes three tubes. If you want to make more than that double or triple the recipe. I chose mango butter because I think it is softer and smoother, shea butter and cocoa butter work with this recipe too. Everything you need can be found here.
Some of our Favorite Essential Oils to use
You May also be Interested In